Sims School Life

The most interesting things in life have been in my academics era. I am not sure if I would like to end it soon , I will rather prefer to take a break. Learning is a life long experience

Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Software Developer @ Protecode Inc.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Review Time : With My Young Brother in Mind.

Well, well, well. Learning is simple straight forward. Go to class and absorb all (notice I did not say "as much as you can ", I repeat absorb all) .Its exam time , regurgitate just what is required. My choice of word "regurgitate " is based on assumption that at times we are rumens struggling to be humans.Never mind. (but never say that to me...who ? the blogger).

What I said above the empty line is sort of ironic. Learning is crooked sometimes . Help name this sequence : Its review time, we have to review what we learnt , review what we have reviewed from what we learnt then review what we reviewed from what we reviewed from what we learnt then exam time. I am sorry , I said "we", maybe I should have said "I" , I mean said "you".Why ?Well, well, well, Its exam time for me and I blogging so it means my review sequence is shorter. Okay, now get something cool about my younger brother.

In some years back, in a small village ( but big enough to accommodate me, my family and the villagers) in the north eastern part of Botswana, in a small primary school,( small relative to the universe), It happens to be school day, I don't think I had a choice of not being in school( based on the previous years experience...feel not free to inquire about the experience). On that special day I was summoned to my young brother's classroom . Standing by young brother's desk was my aunt, speechless-as to not saying anything and not being able to. Sitting down was my young brother flabbergasted (I liked such words those days) for me and my aunt being there. The problem was simple, my young brother did not want to "re-learn", he withstood all the scary faces of his teacher even all threats to him. ( by the way when you are young , everything is a threat, including being locked in a classroom with windows same size as the door).His reasoning was simple, he long learnt that stuff, in other words the teacher was wasting his time, he did not come to school to learn and re-learn , I call re-learning review myself. I dont remember what I said then , and how it was solved, but aunt got speechful, I guess so because she is speeks now.My young brother is as old as I am now, but he was three years younger by then, figure it out. For his sake I will pause here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kare wa se tshameka sekgoa!! I can't wait to hear wht u gonna say after u finish school n after u join the work force... its quite different.. anyway, I'm out.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home